Sunday, May 3, 2015

Spring is Here!!

Ribbon organizer
Sorry is has taken so long to post anything the last couple of months. We have been wicked busy with adjusting to a new schedule and organizing my craft room.
   This is just a sample of the new changes I made in my "happy place". The ribbon organizer is really a shoe organizer that did not work for me. My DH put dowels in it and it works perfectly. I just remove dowels and slide off the ribbon I want to use. Love it!
  I know it doesn't
Shelving added.
look very neat, but my DH added these shelves to the closet in my craftroom and it has really helped clean up the floor. I can actually walk into the closet. That is a first in a long while. I store pictures that should be in albums, but I am working on it. First things first, I guess.
Looks so much better.
   Another project my DH finished is putting a new top to our computer desk. It is a cheap computer desk with veneer finish which I destroyed with gluing
and cutting paper on it. Russ made a whole new top out of wood and stained it. I think it looks great. He enlarged the area some, too. Much more room, but no more gluing.




This is the crane used to lift those
pine trees over the wires. What a
job!
 We had some huge pine trees taken down this past March in an effort to clean up the yard of all those needles and pine cones we get every spring. They brought in this huge crane to lift the cut trees over the electrical wires. We sat at the window to watch. It was amazing to see how well they were able to move the trees around and not once touch anything dangerous. We were very happy with the results.

   The most important change in our lives is babysitting for our new granddaughter, Evy. She is such a joy. We are absolutely in love with her. I love to make her laugh.
Making Evy laugh.
 It is such a blessing to watch her grow up before our very eyes. There will be lots of pictures of Evy to come as we babysit two days a week.
 
 
All dressed up for Easter
 

















      This is an Easter card I made for our daughter, Kristin , who lives out in Colorado. I got the inspiration from Pinterest. I love the three crosses which gives the card a solemn feel to it. I have not made too many cards the last few months due to changing the layout of my craftroom. I will post more pics of the changes next post.
Easter card
    Time with family is so precious. We had everyone over for Easter dinner. What a great time it was. I made this Easter display for the table behind the couch. I love the showing the tomb where our Saviour
Easter display
was buried and rose again.
  I made the three crosses from twigs found outside. I also found the big rock in front of the tomb. The tomb itself is just a small pot with moss over it. I bought the small rocks to use for the bottom of planing pots. It seemed to work here too.
 The sentiment "He Lives" is made from a Spellbinders die that looks like a small book. Love this one.
  It has been a wonderful three months filled with time with family and friends. I won't wait this long to post again. I hope your Easter was a warm celebration of life, too.

1 comment:

  1. Love your pictures! I hadn' t seen the beautiful Easter card you made!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...