Monday, January 26, 2015

Baby Shower Fun.....

 Russ and I are so excited about becoming new grandparents. Our son, Nathaniel, and his wife, Kristin are due in February. Her mother and I planned this baby shower for her at our house. Alice lives in New York, so it was a little tricky But I think we pulled it off with flying colors.
The weather was perfect.
  We would email each other with progress on the planning and check out ideas for the games. I worked on the shower each day so that I would not have to feel rushed when the big day came .
  I made these favors from Stampin Up's Curvy Keepsakes die cut. The idea came from Pinterest. I have a whole board devoted to this die cut. You would be surprised with what people have created using this box.
Love these favors.
   I filled the boxes with candy and set them out in a basket with a sign that says, "Please take one as a thank-you."
A little blurry.... gotta stop shaking....
  We had a few activities to do like; decorating baby bibs, guessing her due date, guessing her baby bump size using ribbon, and writing down wishes for the baby.
  The food was great. Alice and I shared the task for feeding people. I ordered sandwiches and made mini italians,  Alice did the salads , shrimp roll, and deviled eggs.
 
Looks yummy, right?
Great food. 
  I love taking pictures of food to remember what we had for the day and maybe to help with future planning of parties.
  The cake was made by Shaw's. They were the only grocery store that would make two layers. We had to come home and set the top layer onto the bottom layer. Well, I say we, but Russ really did it all. I would have dropped it on the floor. I had a huge spatula like tool that worked perfectly. The baby's bedroom is on the Miss Monkey theme , so the cake reflects that in its' decorations.
That is a monkey on the front of the cake.




  Kristin got some lovely gifts for the baby. We had a great time watching her open them and commenting on how things  have changed since we had kids. Did you know that pacifiers are made for each phase of a baby's growth? New to me....
Kristin and her mom, Alice
  We had the wall taken down in the living room just in time for this wonderful event. There was plenty of room for all. The natural light coming into the room made it easy to take good pictures of the day.
  This is the card I made for Kristin.
My card 

Mom's card to Kristin that I made.
I found the idea on Pinterest. I love the Stampin Up set called " Wild About You". It had this cute giraffe in it. The yellow and the pink go well together, don't you think?
  My mom needed a card for her gift so I made this one from an idea on Pinterest. I used a Stampin Up set that has lots of little stamps , but I don't have the name. I also used some of the Wild About You stamps.
 I love Spellbinders banner labels. Sometimes I color in the "flaggy" part and sometimes I don't . I didn't here.
  You can add all sorts of embellishments when you are not sending the card through the mail. So I added ribbon and buttons to this one.
  Here are some  more pics of a fun day. Can't wait of the happy  day to be here. Hopefully, it will be after we get back from our trip.
Pink punch.. It is a girl...


Ribbon to measure




What will Evelyn look like?
Thank you note addresses...

   Well, we are off to Disney World to enjoy a much needed vacation.
Mom is not going, but having family to keep her company. We will be staying at Boardwalk this time. I will have some pictures to mark the trip.
Hope the upcoming storm this week is not as bad as they think it will be. I  can not remember shoveling 30 inches of snow.  Praying for alot less. Happy shoveling!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was a fun shower! The food, games and decorations were fabulous! I loved the cute favors! What a nice way to celebrate such a special event!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...