Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's Day is a coming!!!

   My back is better since I have been back in my craftroom working on a Mother's Day card for Mom, and making an Accordion File Folder from Splitcoast Stampers resource pages. It really helped my back alot.
Pink for Mom....
   I got my inspiration from a card I pinned on Pinterest. I really love this new site. You get loads of ideas on so many topics that you are interested in exploring. This inspiration card is from Becca Freeken from Our Daily Bread Design.
   I used the tassel/bling strips from a sale at Tate's in Bath, Maine. The pink paper is from Stampin Up. The patterned paper is called Lemonade from Basic Grey. The stamp is in the SU stamp set called " All Holidays".
   I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to help me place the" happy mother's day" stamp correctly. I really love this tool for me because I am so bad about getting things straight.
Inside sentiment
  The inside of the card is a poem I got from a greeting card site.
   I forgot to mention that I used a Martha Stewart punch to punch out the bottom of the four strips. In Becca's card, she used a round punch on each strip.
   Due to the rain, I have had lots of time to work on another project: An accordion file folder. I got the directions from Splitcoast Stampers. It also has a video tutorial which was very helpful to me:    Accordion File Folder directions .

The front of this "book".
   It takes a bit of work 'cause you are decorating and embellishing a whole file folder. Now I did mine a little differently. I did not glue the back sides together to make a book like project. I wanted mine to open up. It's up to you which you prefer. I like both and will do a book one eventually.
   I also cut off the tabs that tend to stick out just cause I wanted a different look. It looks fine to leave them on, too. I discovered that it works better to use a file folder that has the left sided tab at the top. The directions use this file folder, too.
The inside of this accordion file folder.
 






    I used Cherry Lynn's Doily die cut in green here. This is one that I had just purchased and really wanted to use. I love the look this one give the front.
  On the inside I really had fun using stamps, bling, and some hearts. 
Really love this face stamp...


  I have made one tag to go inside. I plan on making more tags for each pocket. I used a stamp I have had for awhile but hadn't used. It's this face stamp from Rubber Stampede. I love the Tim Holtz technique which uses his inks and blending tool to rub the ink  on which softens the image. The other stamps are from Tim Holtz , too.  I got to use my Crop-a-dile tool which I don't use an awful lot lately. The eyelet at the top hold a piece of ribbon.





A tiara for our Stampin Up party



My sister, Chris, and my niece, Emma  enjoying their tiaras.
 
  I recently hosted a Stampin Up party for my sisters, niece,  and a few friends. This is just one company that we really love to buy from for our papercrafting projects. My sister, Chris, from Calla Lily Studios made a tiara for everyone.  Calla Lily Studio/tiaras   We all wore them during the party. Cathy Britton is our consultant. She did a great job. Stampin Up is coming out with new stamps and products the first of June. Can't wait.




  We are going to have a barbecue on Mother's Day at my sister, Andrea's home in Kennebunk on Sunday. We should wear our tiara's then, too. I don't think I can talk them into it, though.  We had a great time. I think my back is ready to finish up the raised bed project my husband and I have started. We finished filling the beds,so now we have to "critter proof" them. We will lay chicken wire around the outside of the beds and cover with mulch. Hopefully this will do it. I hope to have pictures of the completely finished project maybe next post....
Mom with her tiara on. Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mom is going to love the card and the sentiment! It is really lovely...I can't help but laugh at Mom's picture. She really seemed to love the tiara!!! It was a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, your cards are just beautiful, with so much attention to the details. Thank you for all the sweet cards you have made for me. I display them for a long while, so I can just look at them and smile. We always had fun with special classroom projects using all your wonderful and creative ideas, didn't we? I hope that your Mother's Day with your family is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Getting Ready!!

    I have been getting ready for an upcoming craft fair at USM on April 22nd. My sisters and I are excited about doing a spring fair. We di...